Time to roar: Lions ready for the hunt – Girls Volleyball

Mark Fernandez, Staff Writer

After winning their first game against Riverdale, the Girls Varsity Volleyball team looks to keep the trend rolling as they gear up for their Homecoming game against Fieldston.

The team is very strong this year and has great chemistry both on and off the court, Whitney Dawson (11) said. “We are really close friends, and we hang out a lot outside of school,” Dawson said.

“The team dynamic is really great, and everyone is really supportive,”  Sasha Matt (12) said.

Rosy Aurora (10) is a huge part of the team dynamic as she shows up every day focused and ready to work, Matt said. Another player that has stepped up this year is Charlotte Cebula (11), who has filled in one of the vacant starting spots from last year, Matt said.

In addition, Captain Brittany Jones (12) is another player to watch tomorrow who has immense skill, Kyra Kwok (12) said.

Jones plays year-round on an out-of-school club team and has been a pivotal part of the Lions’ success throughout her high school career, Dawson said. “A big reason for why practices work well is because Brittany helps lead practices and is always there to help the team improve,” Dawson said.

Girls Varsity Volleyball Head Coach Lynford Foreman is a central reason behind the team’s readiness for their Homecoming matchup, Kwok said.

Foreman has put the team through grueling practices, making sure they are prepared for anything this season, she said.